Friday, January 16, 2009

I See BETTER when my Eyesight got WORSE

I have an eye problem. I can't remember what the doctor called it.
There is a spot in my retina, and it really impairs my vision on the left eye.
This has been happening since 2003. (Doctor said because of work stress)
It comes and goes, but the last time it stayed since November 2007.
This really irritates me as my work and daily life revolves around seeing things CLEARLY.
I have to accept that my eyesight has gotten WORSE...

I now see things in a blurry world...
I can't write properly because I can't see well...(Not that I have good handwriting anyway)
I can't do a lot things well, that I once take pride in doing.
Fixing a tiny screw became a real challenge, ... arrrrrrrgh....

I need to see BETTER, I want to see BETTER...

When my eyesight got WORSE…

I can't see if my wife has wrinkles; HEY that's BETTER

I need to learn to go slow, (enjoy life???); HEY that's BETTER

I can’t see a lot of imperfections in life; HEY that’s BETTER

I began to ask for help even with fixing a screw, and people do help;

I see that people do want to help; HEY that’s BETTER

I learn to see from my HEART and not my EYES…

There are a lot of things that I now SEE BETTER when my eyesight got worse…

Pause, take it slow, learn to overlook the imperfection in others…

Pause, take it easy, learn to ask for help from others…

Pause, take a rest, you need it…

Tell me what you see without your eyes…

1 comment:

  1. when i was in high school, a close friend who is short-sighted told me that he prefers to keep his glasses unless it is necessary. he said, its always nicer to see the world in a blurry mode, as sometimes, u won't want everything to be so clear...
    i supposed its the same feeling like what u are having now, eh?

    ReplyDelete